Sunday, June 21, 2009

Virtual Support

Thoughts on Support

It's wonderful taking an amble through this online social networking world catching up on the news.. both good and not so good. All on the spectrum of feelings from A-Z are represented here as real lives are shared in all of their texture.

It's strange how O/one can wake up in the morning and yet by doing nothing but sleep, things can change; health, relationships, work, Y/your local community (neighbourhood), the broader socio- political community and the world in terms of nature/socio-ecological (drought, global warming, natural disaster).

And like some weird freak of nature the ripples swoosh in to swamp the individual. Sometimes causing a little irritation sometimes temporary chaos ... and sometimes irrevocable change.


It would be nice to think that E/each individual could be an island, sufficient unto O/oneself and in total control of all conditions impacting upon us, but here it is:




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, during my perambulation through the blogs i find that M/many on the other side of the globe are living in a catarrh and phlegm filled world with explosive coughing fits and antibiotics. Some neglect to take care of things early and have ended up with pneumonia and have required hospitalisation. Through contact with sick friends on the other side of the world i have found that M/many cannot afford the visit to the doctor or the meds needed to deal with their illness. Here in Australia such deprivation is almost unfathomable.

Others have woken to find changes in their relationships with their significant O/other, or problems with children or other family members. At times these changes impact on the position of the individual in their community, their school, workplace and even in their own homes.

Yet others will be touched by the closure of local businesses, or the impact of crime or natural disaster in their local community. Such is the case with M/many currently living through the horror of the tornadoes causing such devastation in the USA as Y/you read this.

In a moment life can change. And change, even positive change can create crisis.

W/we have A/all experienced this.

It is important for T/those who are fortunate to be 'un-swamped' to assist and support T/those who are in whatever way W/we can.

It's also important to be aware that when an individual is hit within a short period of time by changes from a number of areas T/they will almost certainly become overwhelmed.

There may be a need to 'go to ground'.. to hibernate for a while ... to seek temporary numbness ... to turn the mind off... to rest the body This is normal and can be quite effective in allowing time to regroup. During this period external support and assistance can be invaluable. Please note: Going to ground temporarily to regroup and embarking on mid to long term total isolation are two entirely different things.

So, while the overwhelmed are seeking numbness... it is up to the rest of U/us to do what W/we can to help.




Numb

Numb

Don't wanna hear the news
What's going on
That's coming through
I don't wanna know
Don't wanna know
Just wanna hide away
Make my my escape
I want the world
To leave me alone
Feels like I feel too much
I've seen too much
For a little while
I want to forget

I wanna be numb

I don't wanna feel this pain no more
Wanna lose touch
I just wanna go and lock the door
I don't wanna think
I don't wanna feel nothing

I wanna be numb


Can't find no space to breathe
World's closing in
Right on me now
Well that's how it feels
That's how it feels

Too much light
There's too much sound
Wanna turn it off
Wanna shut it out
I need some relief

Think that like I think too much
I've seen too much
There is just too much
Thought in my head

I wanna be numb
I don't wanna feel this pain no more
Wanna lose touch
I just wanna go and lock the door
I don't wanna think
I don't wanna feel nothing

I wanna be numb

I just wanna be
Wanna be
Taken away from all the madness
Need to escape
Escape from the pain

I'm out on the edge
About to lose my mind
For a little while
For a little while
I wanna be numb



Comments

(14 total) Post a Comment

Good advice as always..:)

Friday March 2, 2007 - 12:27pm (GMT) Remove Comment

No truer words were spoken...

Friday March 2, 2007 - 04:40am (PST) Remove Comment

so very true sister .. no wonder i admire you so much .. you always say the right things.. ~hugs n love~ ange .. Have a WickedlyWonderfulWeekend!!

Friday March 2, 2007 - 07:35am (CST) Remove Comment

My girl and I join you in offering prayers and support to those affected by misfortune and illness this week.

Saturday March 3, 2007 - 03:27am (EST) Remove Comment

the comment about the health care struck a cord. there was an article this week about a young boy dying of an infection to his brain bec of an abcessed tooth. because another brother had several rotting teeth the mother was working towards helping him when this happened to the other child. lack of affordable health care. i have a great health care package thru my employer of which i pay out the nose for but dental is basically full price which is horrendous.

Friday March 2, 2007 - 11:40am (CST) Remove Comment

Thank you for this timely reminder blonderaven. It is all too easy to get caught up in O/our own small problems and to overlook some of the tragic events suffered by O/others...*slips away to add a prayer for those suffering and makes a note to donate blood this week*

Friday March 2, 2007 - 11:59am (CST) Remove Comment

*yes* today has already tumultuous - emotional - deep and moving...it is the night of the full moon celebration and i will be thinking of U/us all - *May there be peace in O/our hearts tonight*

Friday March 2, 2007 - 12:07pm (PST) Remove Comment

well, sending that vat of chicken soup sure did help me get over my illness quick *hugsss* and thanks again, blonde *smiles*

Friday March 2, 2007 - 03:12pm (PST) Remove Comment

shuffles in with a box of Kleenex and a glass of orange juice and suddenly feels less miserable! you are so right Blonde. It is easy to wallow and forget the very real suffering of O/others. W/we humans are sometimes far too egocentric. Prays for the quick return to normality for those in areas devastated by tornadoes these past days.

Friday March 2, 2007 - 10:37pm (GST) Remove Comment

slips in and joins my sisters and friends offering any support i may lend and a prayer to T/those that may need it

Saturday March 3, 2007 - 03:07am (CST) Remove Comment

i'm in love with your mind! *wipes my tears away* this was deeply moving to me *holds you in my arms* ~ "even positive change can create crisis" for some reason, that stood out to me in 3-D...thank you for sharing your heart of how you feel about this...i too feel the same as you do...try to lend support...one of my favorite quotes hon *hands your a framed scroll for your computer room wall: "Life is short, and we have never much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling this dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind." - H. F. Amiel ...much love to you girl...please know that even though i don't always comment on your brilliant pages...i'm always reading them...sometimes i just have a hard time articulating soooo i just read and smile as the warmth of you washes over me *kotc*...you have a way of putting things into perspective for this girl and setting her back on track again, so to speak...God bless you blonderaven sis!..be well and blessed be, fire~

Saturday March 3, 2007 - 04:16am (EST) Remove Comment

Simply a great blog...we all tend to think the world revolves round us .so the wake up call is timely.....beautiful and bright...what was that about blondes?.......wish you and yours well.......

Saturday March 3, 2007 - 03:57am (PST) Remove Comment

Nature abhors a vacuum. How about we make us some lemonade with all the lemons out there?

Saturday March 3, 2007 - 05:42am (PST) Remove Comment

this is so so true , such great advice sometimes we fail to see things from all angles you have put this all out so well. thanks for the advice and always sharing.

Sunday March 4, 2007 - 01:03pm (IST)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments